Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Taruga's surrogate site, featuring sollutions for HDAudio


This is an unofficial OSX HDAudio area for people who need solutions for several HDA Codecs.

Since Taruga's wiki is offline I'll try to help out untill the Taruga is back again. Soon hopefully.
I really miss the big guy.

Patches, kexts or installers can be found at OSX86Tuga.






Here's a How to install the
kexts (just download kext helper b7, drag and drop the kexts or, if you prefer to use the Terminal:)

1- Grab the kexts
2- Open your Extensions folder: /System/Library/Extensions/
3- On that folder, erase AppleAzalia.kext and AppleHDA.kext (if you have ALCinject.kext, erase it too)
4- Drag and drop the newly downloaded AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext into the Extensions folder.
5- Close the Extensions folder and erase the file named Extensions.mkext, or whatever. You'll find it near the Extensions folder.
6- Open the Terminal - You'll find it on the Go menu on the top bar
7- Type: sudo -s [Enter]
8- Type your password [Enter]
9- Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions/ [Enter]
10- Type: chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext [Enter]
11- Type: chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext [Enter]
12- Type: chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext [Enter]
13- Type: chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext [Enter]
14- Type: rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.
mkext [Enter]
15- Type: rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches [Enter]
16- Type: diskutil repairPermissions / [Enter]
17- Reboot
18- Probably you won't need steps 14 to 16, but do them anyway
19- When your computer reboots, you'll hear some cracking noises. It's OK, it means you now have sound.
20- Enjoy

PS
I'm not Taruga, so don't beg me for sollutions to your sound problems. All I can do is send you Taruga's patcher, edited sound kexts or installers.

18 comments:

Xactor said...

Could you send me the Patcher by taruga 1.20? xactor@gmail.com thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Can you please send me the patcher to quicksand[dot]alekhine[at]gmail[dot]com?

thanks a lot!

carlnunes said...

How can I get my hands on that AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app?

carlnunes73@gmail.com

thaddeus said...

hi, can you send me the patcher?
clifford . meece at me . com

Unknown said...

Anyone know where version 1.6 can be found? Need a patcher for 10.5.5 and I understand that version works. Taruga's site is still down.

Anonymous said...

could you send all the versions from 1.60 to 2.00 to

philip.of.ulrich7[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

could you please send me the patcher? batmobilez28@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

could you please send me the patcher? batmobilez28@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Here another someone who is desperate for the Taruga patcher. Could you please send it to me.

brammeynendonckx@gmail.com

thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have an Asus M3N78-EM Mobo with a Realtek onboard 7.1 channel audio (Not sure what's it called.. ALC 888?)

Can you please send me any relevant patcher/installer/kexts for it at java.green@gmail.com please.

jazzman746 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzman746 said...

HI, I have tryed with all versions of codecs specially V2 that you recomend me, I'm talking about ALC 888s for Intel DG35EC. But no success. I Have uninstalled azalia and nothing.
Thaeres anithing I can do?

modys said...

Dell Vostro 1000
Sigmatel sound card not working
VendorID:8384
DEVICE ID:7690
Subsystem 102801
OSX: Kalyway 10.5.2
Any help.

TylerM said...

Could i get the Taruga patch also?

tyler (at) theatomik (.com)

Marc Lester Tan said...

Hi can you also send me the patch? thanks in advance. mharkus AT yahoo DOT com

macindoth said...

could you snd me the patcher please? farid.mawardi@gmail.com thank you

AMC PC-SYSTEM said...

Hey master soy de Ecuador tengo un pc ECS 945GCT-M tengo instalado el Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 tdo funciona bien menos el audio (Sigma Tel Audio 8384) instale el azalia en preferencia dice que si hay sonido pero no suena nada si tienes e driver o si lo puedes consegir compartelo por FAVOR mil gracias anticipadas te dejo mi correo por alvaro-79@hotmail.es